Friday, May 8, 2009
Come visit us at the event Art with a Heart @ The Urban Ashram, May 16-17, 2009 from 11am-8:30pm
Schedule for Events & Workshops
An alternative pocket amidst the corporate and technology driven Pune city, Urban Ashram keeps the possibility of the human heart alive. This May, Urban Ashram celebrates its first anniversary or shall we say celebrates the strength of truth, beauty and love!
Art with a heart as the name suggests, hosts an array of events. From photography to wood art, from paintings to social cause, from events to workshops. For the body and the soul. It has it all!
1. Sonia (Lively-wood) displays a wide range of hand crafted wood items. From subtle to bold, ethnic to contemporary, each item is unique in its design, color and embellishment.
2. To enjoy these creations the event has abstract & fine art Phtotography Exhibition by Mayuresh (Shadow Photography).
3. Kanchan (Southpaw Creatives) displays her artwork ranging from paintings, typography inspired designs, sketches and contemporary designs.
Social Cause -
1. Blue Cross Society, Pune will bring their pets ready to be adopted on the spot. The visitors can actually meet, play and cuddle some of the puppies and grownup. Also here’s your opportunity to volunteer for/help/or get acquainted with the Blue cross Society, Pune.
2. Seva Sahayog – a networking organization in recruiting volunteers will be present to highlight the need to develop the neglected fields of education, rural development, health, etc.
3. Crossbow club is another organization promoting social causes, as part of the nourishing ambience.
Events & Workshops -
1. Rupali Daaga from Mind Ventures will present various arrays of child development.
2. The event also gives a chance to the visitors to enhance their beauty and rejuvenate. Dr. Deepa & Dr. Rupa from Cute Care Naturopathy Institute will hold a demos & tips session on enhancing beauty using natural products available easily.
3. Apart from visual appreciations, seekers also have the possibility of participating in events like Drum Circles, a Naturopathy Beauty Seminar, Yoga and Meditation etc.
The event holds a simple thought of spreading awareness and smiles. A part of the collection from this event will be donated to the Blue Cross Society, Pune.
The 16th-17th of May 2009 from 11am-8:30pm, all seekers are invited to participate, celebrate and explore a fragment of meaningful living. All are welcome with a spirit of love, peace and gratitude to the Urban Ashram, Mukund Nagar.
For updates on events log on to – www.theurbanashram.org , www.lively-wood.blogspot.com or email – firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or contact – 9960643579, 9881099886